[Tails-l10n] Improving Translation Infrastructure

Author: okgoogle
To: tails-l10n@boum.org
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Improving Translation Infrastructure
Hello, I am new here - sajolida mentioned to me an ongoing effort to improve the translation infrastructure (https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/translation_platform/). It's my understanding that for the website this currently is happening almost entirely via Git.

I have done quite a bit of Transifex coordination and integration work in the past and would like to try to add value here, if possible..

A couple questions:

1. Where are the current instructions located for setting up a dev environment for the website?

2. I see a translation project on Transifex for the website (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/tails-website/) but it looks dormant. Are you all open to using Transifex.com for the website? This would open the site up to a larger group of translators and languages (as well as qualified reviewers). You all can still coordinate in conjunction with the current process, assuming I'm observing it correctly from what I've seen so far.

On a completely different note - nice to meet you all!

--

Ok Google