[Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: persistence

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: persistence
Please make sure you've read the introduction to this discussion
before answering this email:

    https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2015-April/000370.html

We are currently considering including the configuration of the
persistent volume in the web assistant (as an option).

So we'll have to introduce this concept in the web assistant at least
when explaining the big steps of the installation process (in what we
are calling the 'overview').

This is also related to ticket #8948, and maybe time to move things
forward.

We felt that "persistent storage" was not clear enough and required
more explanation when first introduced.

But the terms "persistent volume" and "persistence" are used in many
many places in both our documentation and our software. So I'd like to
be careful and be at least backward compatible. We can't change it all
at once.

So what shall we do?

--
sajolida