Re: [Tails-project] Reports, the return

Author: BitingBird
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Reports, the return
sajolida:
> BitingBird:
>> I'll publish the january-february one in the beginning of march, and I'd
>> like to publish the end of 2014 one earlier - in a week would probably
>> be the latest.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I added a bunch of stuff on both.

Thanks !

> I think we're still missing reports from the CI team but then we're good
> to go.

I'll ping them again for the january-february report, but I won't
include this section in the end of 2014 report (there are lots of other
info that won't be included, like translation status etc).

> Still, regarding the process I have a few questions and remarks.
>
> 1. Metrics. We are gathering a bunch of metrics in the internal repo
> (/stats). You put some of them in the reports but not all. Shall we add
> the others? If so, I would suggest having a more concise redacting and
> only list numbers with a link to a (short) page explaining them. That
> would save us copy/pasting the same sentences over and over again.

Well, the end of 2014 report is of course quite dense in this regard,
but the next reports will be monthly so this won't happen.
I don't see other interesting stats, if you have suggestions I can
include them.

> 2. Periodicity. We will have to write quarterly reports for the Digital
> Defenders grant (and probably others). Are you planning to do monthly
> reports? If so, then no problem and we can aggregate them in the
> quarterly reports. Otherwise, if you are planning to do reports every
> two months, then we'll have a problem as 3 is not a multiple of 2...

I'll try to do them every month but not this time (january was already
finished but I found it better to not put it with 2014)

> 3. Information duplication. To save us some work, I would skip reporting
> on changes that are already explained in release notes all the way. I
> would rather point more explicitly to the notes saying something like
> "for more details about the changes in each release, refer the their
> release notes". What do you think?

I really only mentionned the huge changes, some users miss them in the
release notes (also, the 2014 release notes were nore dry and less
written, so there's no overlap there I think).

I think the 2014 report is ready to be published, if you agree please
merge :) I'll try to solve the remaining issues with january-february
report and publish it soon.

Cheers,

BitingBird