Re: [Tails-project] Reports, the return

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Reports, the return
BitingBird:
> I'll publish the january-february one in the beginning of march, and I'd
> like to publish the end of 2014 one earlier - in a week would probably
> be the latest.

Thanks.

I added a bunch of stuff on both.

I think we're still missing reports from the CI team but then we're good
to go.

Still, regarding the process I have a few questions and remarks.

1. Metrics. We are gathering a bunch of metrics in the internal repo
(/stats). You put some of them in the reports but not all. Shall we add
the others? If so, I would suggest having a more concise redacting and
only list numbers with a link to a (short) page explaining them. That
would save us copy/pasting the same sentences over and over again.

2. Periodicity. We will have to write quarterly reports for the Digital
Defenders grant (and probably others). Are you planning to do monthly
reports? If so, then no problem and we can aggregate them in the
quarterly reports. Otherwise, if you are planning to do reports every
two months, then we'll have a problem as 3 is not a multiple of 2...

3. Information duplication. To save us some work, I would skip reporting
on changes that are already explained in release notes all the way. I
would rather point more explicitly to the notes saying something like
"for more details about the changes in each release, refer the their
release notes". What do you think?