Re: [Tails-project] Reports, the return

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Reports, the return
BitingBird:
> sajolida:
>> I think we're still missing reports from the CI team but then we're good
>> to go.
>
> I'll ping them again for the january-february report, but I won't
> include this section in the end of 2014 report (there are lots of other
> info that won't be included, like translation status etc).

Right.

>> 2. Periodicity. We will have to write quarterly reports for the Digital
>> Defenders grant (and probably others). Are you planning to do monthly
>> reports? If so, then no problem and we can aggregate them in the
>> quarterly reports. Otherwise, if you are planning to do reports every
>> two months, then we'll have a problem as 3 is not a multiple of 2...
>
> I'll try to do them every month but not this time (january was already
> finished but I found it better to not put it with 2014)

It's good news that you plan to do that monthly!

>> 3. Information duplication. To save us some work, I would skip reporting
>> on changes that are already explained in release notes all the way. I
>> would rather point more explicitly to the notes saying something like
>> "for more details about the changes in each release, refer the their
>> release notes". What do you think?
>
> I really only mentionned the huge changes, some users miss them in the
> release notes (also, the 2014 release notes were nore dry and less
> written, so there's no overlap there I think).

Note that I'm not sure that people who don't read the release notes
would read the monthly reports. But let's see how this goes in the
future. I won't be very motivated on duplicating that information myself
but I don't mind you doing it.

> I think the 2014 report is ready to be published, if you agree please
> merge :) I'll try to solve the remaining issues with january-february
> report and publish it soon.

Done.