Re: [Tails-project] writing the release notes for 1.3

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] writing the release notes for 1.3
intrigeri:
>  * Anyone at ease with Git could improve these draft snippets
>    pre-merge, if the branch developers communicate with them.

Ack.

>  * Anyone at ease with Git could improve these draft snippets on the
>    testing branch post-merge.

Ack.

>  * Anyone not at ease with Git could improve the aggregated release
>    notes draft on a blueprint, between the RC and the final release.

I'm not sure about this at least until we have an online ikiwiki from
the testing branch. As I didn't like the workflow it created this time.

>> The problem we saw this time is that people working on the release notes
>> from a blueprint on master didn't have access to the documentation in
>> testing to understand the features and internal links were broken.
>
> Hence the idea of having an online ikiwiki built from the testing
> branch, or similar, that I suggested somewhere (on this thread,
> perhaps; it was a while ago, like yesterday, so I don't remember :)

Yes, it was in another thread maybe.

> But even without this, the proposal we're discussing already enables
> *lots* more people to participate, so IMO it's a bonus,
> non-blocking feature.

I don't think it's blocking either. I need to mature a bit more in my
head the idea possible solutions for having less Git-savvy people
working on development documentation.