Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persi…

Author: spriver
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persistence.de
Hi,

> I was in favour of "beständig" until now, but "nichtflüchtig" seems
> to imply what we want people to understand, too. It sounds a bit
> technical though, but it's possible to look it up on Wikipedia, and
> that's a nice feature to have :)
>
> On Transifex we used "beständige Speicherpartition" until now. We
> should change it there if we agree on another term. I can do that.
>
> So my favourites are, it seems: "beständige
> (Daten)Speicherpartition" "beständiger (Daten)Speicherbereich"
> "nichtflüchtiger (Daten)Speicherbereich"

I think that we should use a term that includes the word "Daten"
because "Speicher" is also used as a term form "RAM".
I am preferring:
nichtflüchtige/beständige Datenpartition (it is a own partition just
used for Data)

or
"beständige (Daten)Speicherpartition"

I will ask some non-technical people tomorrow how all the terms sound
to them.

Cheers,

spriver