Re: [Freepto] refactoring repository

Author: boyska
To: Everything about freepto
New-Topics: Re: [Freepto] refactoring repository
Subject: Re: [Freepto] refactoring repository
On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 07:59:39PM +0200, boyska wrote:
>Today I've worked on refactoring the repository management.

Well, it seems that it works. I created [1] and it looks good to me.
More specifically,
* It has an "adhoc" repository created just for this image
* No build error (ie: missing packages)

I worked on branch "repobuild"

>The idea is to make the repository more and more similar to the output
>of something like:
>git clone github.com/avana-bbs/freepto-lb && cd freepto-lb &&
>./allpkgs.sh
>
>I have created this "allpkgs.sh" script, which does in turn create an
>"aptly" repository with all the packages he managed to build; this
>repository can be snapshotted and published easily, in order to test it.

did this, and checked things from inside using dpkg-origins [2]

[1]
http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/provepkg/141010_11.45_v1.0beta2-12-gf6136a7-it/
[2] https://github.com/fab1an/unix-admin-tools/blob/master/dpkg-origins

>>Package: catfish
>Why is it there? Probably to backport from testing... but isn't pinning
>enough?

taken from wheezy. Seems to work perfectly!

>>Package: lc
>While there's some issue pending on this, this is not used anywhere. I
>propose to drop it

dropped

>>Package: python-stem
>This is in backports, with a more recent version that we have! I propose
>to drop it.

taken from backports, version 1.2.2-1~bpo70+1

>>Package: tomb
>I think that this could be put inside freepto-lb without problems

repackaged upstream and added as submodule

>>Package: torbrowser-launcher
>This is in backports! I propose to drop it.

taken from backports

>So, all the packages could (IMHO) be dropped&pinned or be put inside
>freepto-lb. Let me know if you agree on that.

all done

done on http://dev.freepto.mx/repo/freepto_f6136a7b/

>From that build we can do some test. If everything works, 1. change
>the repo url back into http://deb.freepto.mx/freepto/
>2. merge into avana/master
>3. move the repository into http://deb.freepto.mx/freepto/

I will do it as soon as someone does a review of what I did

>Please write any suggestion on this before I continue working on this.

Some notes:
* ATM the testing image cannot be built so easily. One must
1. create the repository with allpkgs.sh
2. snapshot the repo,
3. publish the snapshot,
4. change the url in config/archives/freepto.list.*
5. changing the key in config/archives/freepto.list.key.*
6. run manualbuild.sh
This should be made automatic
* Furthermore, the "publish the snapshot" part also means that you have
a gpg key to manage your test repo, a webserver publishing your aptly
public repositories