Re: [Tails-l10n] translation newbie doubt: keywords?

Author: Matsa
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] translation newbie doubt: keywords?

Emma Peel <emmapeel@???>:

> Matsa:
> >
> > By the way, the '_' in "_Passphrase", is used to define the
> > keyboard shortcut. Two remarks about that:
> > - it will be picked up from the translated string, so no need to
> > use the same letter as in english.
> > - to avoid conflicts, you have to use different keyboard shortcuts
> > for each available option in a given window.
> > (please tell me if I'm not clear here)
> >
> This was exactly my question! It seems I am the one that is not clear.
> I wondered about the '_' more than about 'passphrase' translation.

I opened a ticket, in order to add it to the documentation:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7572

> a glossary would be great! i am currently working on making persistant
> my translation memory though... any tips on that?

Until now, we just have some ideas, but nothing implemented.
Everything will be tracked on this ticket:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6968

Feel free to experiment and report your own ideas there.

> > I'm very glad to see some people working on spanish translations.
> > Thanks, and welcome aboard!
>
> is a pleasure to put all this hours of watching 'imperial' movies to a
> good use!

;)

If you have any questions, please do ask. We are working on improving
the documentation for transaltors, your feedback is warmly welcome!

Cheers