Re: [Tails-l10n] translation newbie doubt: keywords?

Author: Matsa
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] translation newbie doubt: keywords?

Hi emma, hi all,

emma peel <emmapeel@???> :

> so if i find this messsage:
> msgid "Encrypt Clipboard with _Passphrase"
>
> shall i translate it as
>
> msgstr "Encriptar Portapapeles con _FraseClave"
>
> or
>
> msgstr "Encriptar Portapapeles con _Passphrase"
>
> is the last word translatable?

Some suggestions from amaGama[1] :

- frase secreta
- frase de acceso
- frase de paso
- contraseña larga

We, in the french team, also felt the need to discuss some translations,
to improve understanding and consistency between GUI and documentation.

That's why we started to work on glossaries, on this dedicated ticket:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6968

> so if i find this messsage:
> msgid "Encrypt Clipboard with _Passphrase"

By the way, the '_' in "_Passphrase", is used to define the keyboard
shortcut. Two remarks about that:
- it will be picked up from the translated string, so no need to use the
same letter as in english.
- to avoid conflicts, you have to use different keyboard shortcuts for
each available option in a given window.
(please tell me if I'm not clear here)

I'm very glad to see some people working on spanish translations.
Thanks, and welcome aboard!

[1] https://amagama-live.translatehouse.org/