Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do
Alan wrote (05 Jun 2014 10:51:28 GMT) :
> - is it OK that I merge all buxfixes of gnome-theme-windows8 into
> master to build a package that I can upload in the camouflage topic
> branch and in experimental?

Why not merge all your bugfixes into another branch, called e.g.
"for-1.1", and build from there?

> - is it OK that I merge all my bugfixes topic branches for the
> camouflage into the main camouflage topic branch to merge it in
> experimental?

As much as I love fine-grained topic branches, I think that having an
integration branch, where all changes can be tested together, is very
important for the kind of work you've been doing... hence my request.
What are you using locally to test all these bugfixes together?

I don't particularly care whether you use experimental as this
integration branch, or another one. My personal preference mainly
depends on the amount of coupling between your various topic branches.

* If your various topic branches are fully independent from each
other, and can thus be merged independently, then just use
experimental as the integration branch, as we would do for any other
random set of topic branches.

* If there's some more coupling, then it probably makes sense to
expose a unified view of what should go together. That might be the
main camouflage topic branch.