Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage status for 1.1

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage status for 1.1
Hi,

> Some comments and suggestions about the panel:
>
> * The current icon for Iceweasel is the IE6/7 icon from XP, but it
> looks different in Windows 8. See my screenshot.

Done.

> * The icons for pidgin and claws should be changed to those of the
> People (or Skype) and Mail apps, respectively, like in my
> screenshot. Or they should be removed, which perhaps is the simplest.

Done.

> * The icons for KeyPassX and GNOME terminal should be removed. There
> are no immediate *common* applications corresponding to these.

Done.

> * Possibly we can add a launcher for the home directory, as the
> left-most one, which seems to be the default in Windows 8/8.1.

Done, but it's not (yet) the exact right icon.

> * Can we remove the "separators" (or whatever those lightblue, "dotty"
> things are calleD) on the left and right of the tasks?

I fail to find how to theme or remove that (without patching
gnome-panel)

> * The shutdown applet is actually quite stealthy as it is (size and
> color), but it'd be better if it could be moved to between the
> system tray and the clock applet. On windows the clock seems to
> always be touching the right edge of the screen.

Done.

> * The clock applet's text should be white.

Done.

> * The Vidalia icon in the system tray has a weird grey rectangle
> beneath it. Can we remove it?

Not achieved.

> * Can we make the icons in the system tray smaller? The size of
> Vidalia's and the shutdown applet icon are pretty good.

There is a CSS property for that:

NaTrayApplet {
    -NaTrayApplet-icon-size: 20px;
    -NaTrayApplet-icon-padding: 1;
}

But it's unfortunately not applied in wheezy. I'm giving up.

> Also, about the desktop: it seems the only thing there by default is
> the Recycle Bin, so we should remove everything else, IMHO.

Done.

Let's see for the rest...

Cheers