Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea-persistence-preset
25/05/14 21:48, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alan wrote (23 May 2014 09:59:22 GMT) :
>> * installing lifrerea 1.10 from wheezy-backports and starting it
>> through usewithtor
>
> Just my two cents on that one:
>
> Our codebase already uses torsocks and torify, and we also have some
> custom tsocks somewhere. That's already too much IMO.
>
> AFAIK, we don't use usewithtor anywhere yet, and it isn't shipped
> anymore by torsocks 2.x, so now seems to be a particularly bad time to
> introduce the use of usewithtor. I would consider this as a minor
> regression, in that it forces us to do more work later, guaranteed.

In other words, a s/usewithtor/torsocks/ is all that's needed, right?

Given your two responses to this pull request, should I take it that you
reviewed this branch? Would you do the remaining review and the merge if
I prepare a branch with a new t-p-s snapshot? I don't really want to put
more things on your plate, so I think we can survive without this until
the next Tails release. Alternatively, if Alan fixes this in time I'll
hopefully have the time to do the review'n'merge, but I'd rather see him
work on #6342.

Cheers!