Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea-persistence-preset
Hi,

Alan wrote (23 May 2014 09:59:22 GMT) :
> * installing lifrerea 1.10 from wheezy-backports and starting it
> through usewithtor

Just my two cents on that one:

Our codebase already uses torsocks and torify, and we also have some
custom tsocks somewhere. That's already too much IMO.

AFAIK, we don't use usewithtor anywhere yet, and it isn't shipped
anymore by torsocks 2.x, so now seems to be a particularly bad time to
introduce the use of usewithtor. I would consider this as a minor
regression, in that it forces us to do more work later, guaranteed.