Re: [Tails-dev] GSoC 2014 - Linphone Implementation ... ?

Author: Andreas Kuckartz
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] GSoC 2014 - Linphone Implementation ... ?
carol3@???:
>>> What do you think about the implicit influence interference of
>>> projects by google (also with GSoC)? For example the google partnership
>>> with mozilla has the result that firefox phone depends more and more on
>>> parts of android.

I do not see much connection between the payments for the placement of
Google search in Firefox and an alleged dependence of Firefox OS on
"parts of Android" (which parts?).

>> The influence on... what exactly? :)
>
> i don´t know gsoc ... but normally google don´t give anything without
> taking influence on it

The main influence is the choice of projects. I am not aware of any
additional influence on mentors or students (besides the fact that
Google obeys certain legal obligations which unfortunately make it
impossible for students or mentors from some countries to participate).

Cheers,
Andreas