[Tails-dev] Is it worth switching our Redmine project to Mar…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Is it worth switching our Redmine project to Markdown?
Hi,

at some point (next Tails summit?), we'll want to do an assessment of
Redmine and how we're using it.

One specific issue I've noticed is that some of us haven't learned
Textile (the markup language used by default in Redmine), and instead
write Markdown that Redmine obviously interprets the wrong way.

One possibility would be to move back to Markdown for our Redmine
project. It's a lot of work: we first would need to upgrade to Redmine
2.x (once available in wheezy-backports), backport
redmine-plugin-markdown and its dependencies, install and maintain the
"per project formatting" plugin (that only exists since last May, so
I'm not sure it's a safe bet on the long run), and finally convert all
our existing tickets and comments from Textile to Markdown.

I personally very much doubt it's worth the effort, compared to each
of us spending one hour to learn the basics of Textile, but if others
think differently (and/or are volunteering to help), I'd like to hear
it :)