Re: [Tails-dev] Is it worth switching our Redmine project to…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Is it worth switching our Redmine project to Markdown?
19/02/14 11:50, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at some point (next Tails summit?), we'll want to do an assessment of
> Redmine and how we're using it.
>
> One specific issue I've noticed is that some of us haven't learned
> Textile (the markup language used by default in Redmine), and instead
> write Markdown that Redmine obviously interprets the wrong way.

Personally I have no issue with Textile, and if I ever slipped back to
markdown in some ticket that was just a mistake.

> One possibility would be to move back to Markdown for our Redmine
> project. It's a lot of work: we first would need to upgrade to Redmine
> 2.x (once available in wheezy-backports), backport
> redmine-plugin-markdown and its dependencies, install and maintain the
> "per project formatting" plugin (that only exists since last May, so
> I'm not sure it's a safe bet on the long run), and finally convert all
> our existing tickets and comments from Textile to Markdown.
>
> I personally very much doubt it's worth the effort, compared to each
> of us spending one hour to learn the basics of Textile, but if others
> think differently (and/or are volunteering to help), I'd like to hear
> it :)

Agreed. I think this will fix itself over time. Unless you have any
example where markdown can seriously hurt the presentation, I think the
time in-between will be quite painless as well.

Cheers!