Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher as a standalone XUL app in Tail…

Author: Patrick Schleizer
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: Mark Smith, Mike Perry, Kathleen Brade
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher as a standalone XUL app in Tails
anonym:> Conclusion: if my analysis above is correct, and my
assertions/questions
> are the way I expect, then the standalone XUL approach is in fact
> cleaner, simpler, more flexible, more portable (outside the Tails
> context) and more maintainable than the "exit the browser" one. I
> can see no disadvantage with it, now that the research has been
> done. Therefore I think we should change the old plan and go with
> the standalone XUL application approach instead.

Hi,

As system Tor, Whonix user and Whonix maintainer, I'd be happy to have
a vidalia replacement as well.

The "exit the browser" attempt seems like a hack and depending on a
browser wrong. Standalone XUL app would be much preferred.

Cheers,
Patrick