Re: [Tails-l10n] Fw: [Transifex] A team for German was reque…

Author: Frithjof
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Fw: [Transifex] A team for German was requested for the project Tails IUK
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Frithjof wrote (27 Jan 2014 19:28:14 GMT) :
>> I would prefer using git, but I haven't looked at the IUK yet.
>> If somebody else wants to do the translations using Transifex, then
>> why not?
>
> I think there are two options here:
>
> A. The German translation team focusses on translating the web site
>    (note that the German translation of the web site is still in
>    "should be dropped" state right now), and leaves the translations
>    that can be done through Transifex to Transifex users, possibly
>    reviewing it and improving it a bit in Transifex if/when you feel
>    like it.

I would definitely opt for A for now. I think currently Tails can (via
Transifex)
benefit nicely from the translators working on the Tor project.

I am also aware that there is still at lot to do for the German website.
I do have more than 25% translated locally; I will try to focus on cleaning
these translations up and pushing to the repos.

> B. The German translation team takes over all Tails strings currently
>    available in Transifex, handles it 100% through Git, and regularly
>    gets in touch with the people doing (useless, wasted) work on
>    Transifex (see "Team duties" on
>    https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/#index2h2).

Cheers,
Frithjof