Re: [Tails-l10n] German translation

Author: Frithjof
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] German translation
Hi!

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:43 PM, <alyssa@???> wrote:
> I would like to participate in the german translations of Tails / the
> website as a regular translator.

Great!

> I read the documentation on the website, but did not yet fork the repo
> (looong setup is long). Should I do that first, then translate stuff, then
> get back to the list or to a particular person?

I think that would be best. Just write to the list if you have questions or
want to have a translation reviewed.

> I was actually quite surprised about the "Transifex" part on
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate Is that still true? I am
> also a transifex translator for various privacy-enhancing tools and I
> think actually that there is one big advantage to using a web-based
> translation tool: it's much easier to participate in the translation
> process for less technical people. And generally that is what projects
> would want… However, this is just a remark on the side (really bad way to
> start a nice introduction on this list, right?) ;)

Sajolida already commented on that.

On the other hand the Tor project is reconsidering having translations of
their web-pages. It will be interesting to see what solution they come up with.

Cheers,
Frithjof