Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) Coordination of translations

Author: Frau Suk
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) Coordination of translations
Lieber Frithjof,

> Great! Did you look at the wiki page about translation work?
>
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/
>
> There is also a section listing the core pages:
>
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/#index3h1

Yes, I had a look at those before I subscribed to the mailing list. But the wiki didn’t really help me to judge how (respectively: whether) the work was coordinated. I didn’t want to cause any confusion or additional work.

> If you don't want to spend to much time learning about gettext and git just now,
> please just send me your translations via email.

That’s great! Thanx. In fact, that makes getting started much easier for me. I can always get acquainted with git later on.

> > Is somebody keeping track of the translations currently in the making?
> > I want to avoid meddling with somebody else’s work or performing redundant tasks.
>
> Nobody yet. I am almost done with the 'Warnings' page
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/warning/index.en.html, and with
> https://tails.boum.org/download/index.en.html.
> I don't think anybody else is doing translations yet.

Okay, I’ll start with the “About” page of the website then. If that’s okay, I’ll also revise the part of the page that has already been translated, because it doesn’t sound very idiomatic to me. You’ll get my translations bit by bit via email.

All the best,
Frau Suk