Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) Coordination of translations

Author: Frithjof
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) Coordination of translations
Liebe Frau Suk,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Bianca Sukrow <frausuk@???> wrote:
> I would love to contribute, though I’m not a coder and I don’t have a clue
> about the technical background of Tor and Tails. But as a literary scholar
> I can certainly do translations, preferably of the Tails-website.

Great! Did you look at the wiki page about translation work?

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/

There is also a section listing the core pages:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/#index3h1

If you don't want to spend to much time learning about gettext and git just now,
please just send me your translations via email.

> Is somebody keeping track of the translations currently in the making?
> I want to avoid meddling with somebody else’s work or performing redundant tasks.

Nobody yet. I am almost done with the 'Warnings' page
https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/warning/index.en.html, and with
https://tails.boum.org/download/index.en.html.
I don't think anybody else is doing translations yet.

As more and more people are announcing an interest in doing
translations, I suggest that we meet in the Tails IRC channel,
say next week? I previously suggested January, 09., but that
might be to much on short-notice.

So, who would like to meet in #tails-dev, on
Thursday, January 16. at 21:00 CET to discuss
how and how much we want to organize?

Cheers,
Frithjof