Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot
Nathan of Guardian:
> Hello, everyone. Finally joining this list.

Welcome!

> I'd like to start an overdue discussion on how we can bring TAILS to
> smartphone or tablet hardware in a usable way. I know we can produce a
> firmware/ROM based on Android or possibly Ubuntu Touch that matches
> the TAILS spec, but the question for me has been how do we match the
> "boot from CD/USB" aspect of TAILS.

Maybe you know that already, but at the moment our team is struggling
quite a bit to keep the project sustainable on the long-run. We have a
quite challenging roadmap [1] to get there, and are very busy with
keeping Tails relevant on PC.

With this, I'm not saying that porting Tails to other devices is of no
interest; it is far from being the case. But we'll probably have very
little time to dedicate to those issues before things calm down on the
PC side. But it's great if you are moving this forward, and you are
surely much more knowledgeable in this field than us.

[1]: https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap