[Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot

Author: Nathan of Guardian
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot
Hello, everyone. Finally joining this list.

I'd like to start an overdue discussion on how we can bring TAILS to
smartphone or tablet hardware in a usable way. I know we can produce a
firmware/ROM based on Android or possibly Ubuntu Touch that matches
the TAILS spec, but the question for me has been how do we match the
"boot from CD/USB" aspect of TAILS.

There are two interesting developments on this front:

1) An increasing amount of devices allow you to mount USB storage [0]
from the Micro USD port. This might be an opportunity to create a
recover/bootloader that can load a TAILS Mobile image from attached
storage.

2) Ubuntu has just released a dual boot system[1] that allows easy
switching between Android and Ubuntu on one device. If TAILS Mobile
were to be based on Ubuntu Touch, then this would allow for a nice
device with a standard Android system for daily use, and then an easy
to access TAILS mode for more sensitive work.

Apologies if I have missed any discussion or progress on TAILS Mobile
distribution, but better late than never!

All the best,
+n8fr8

[0]
http://www.gadgets4geeks.com.au/product/micro-usb-to-usb-otg-cable-adapter-motorola-moto-x