Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot

Author: Nathan of Guardian
To: The Tails public development discussion list, sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot

sajolida@??? wrote:
>Nathan of Guardian:
>Maybe you know that already, but at the moment our team is struggling
>quite a bit to keep the project sustainable on the long-run. We have a
>quite challenging roadmap [1] to get there, and are very busy with
>keeping Tails relevant on PC.

My hope is to do what I can to drive interest and adoption in the core TAILS project, by showing it is still fully relevant in a mobile device age. Rather than invent yet another secure Linux variant, we want to build upon the existing vision, in the same way we have done with Tor, OTR and GnuPG on Android. In short, I hope this can be a part of the solution to address the sustainability issue.

>With this, I'm not saying that porting Tails to other devices is of no
>interest; it is far from being the case. But we'll probably have very
>little time to dedicate to those issues before things calm down on the
>PC side. But it's great if you are moving this forward, and you are
>surely much more knowledgeable in this field than us.
>
>[1]: https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap

I will talk with others who have responded here or privately, and report back when there is anything useful to share.

Thx +n