Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.22.1

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.22.1
Hi,

here's an update on the 0.22.1 release process. See the bottom part,
that expects answers from core developers.

intrigeri wrote (08 Dec 2013 17:19:51 GMT) :
> I'm prepared to make exceptions to our usual stable merge rules for
> some edge cases:

>   * upgrading Linux to 3.12, to fix security issues in 3.10; this is
>     blocked by #6460 (memory wipe broken with 3.11+); this is high
>     priority IMHO. Any taker?

I've made some "progress" (more failed attempts to fix it), and the
ticket has more ideas to be tried. It would be really great if someone
took it over from here.

>   * enabling incremental upgrades by default, if testing is successful
>     enough, and if fixing most important problems is possible with
>     minor changes

Looks like this will happen: I expect we can merge
feature/incremental-upgrades-integration very early in January :)

> Core developers: ASAP, please volunteer for the test days, or make it
> clear that you can't make it, so we can reschedule slightly
> if needed.

Ping?

Also, the freeze is coming soon, quite a few bugfix branches are
pending for review'n'merge, and there are more to come soon (Torbutton
and Iceweasel prefs updates).

* #6496 (Drop sqlite3, nss and nspr backports from our APT repository)
* #6477 (getTorbuttonUserAgent differs from browser user-agent)

... but those other ones need a reviewer:

  * #6478 (Keyboard shortcuts use QWERTY mapping instead of AZERTY on
    French keyboard)
  * #6536 (Windows camouflage script does not set the browser icon to
    IE's one anymore)

Any taker?