[Tails-l10n] Fwd: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.2…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-l10n
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Fwd: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.22.1
Hi,

The release after Tails 0.22 will be a point release:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap#Tails_0.22.1

I'm prepared to make exceptions to our usual stable merge rules for
some edge cases:

  * upgrading Linux to 3.12, to fix security issues in 3.10; this is
    blocked by #6460 (memory wipe broken with 3.11+); this is high
    priority IMHO. Any taker?

  * most infrastructure and process improvements that make our life
    easier are welcome (e.g. winterfairy's translations import stuff)

  * enabling incremental upgrades by default, if testing is successful
    enough, and if fixing most important problems is possible with
    minor changes

If there is anything you want to see in 0.22.1, please talk to me
ASAP. We've just had two major releases in a row, and I suggest we now
focus on fixing serious bugs and making progress towards the 1.0 and
1.1 milestones.

Here's is the preliminary release schedule:

  2014-01-04   All branches are either merged, or in very
               good shape + proposed for review + assigned for QA to
               someone (!me) who volunteered to review it in time:
               I'll probably be unavailable from the 5th to the 9th.
  2014-01-10   freeze: tag RC1, maybe upload IUK
  2014-01-18   package new Firefox ESR
  2014-01-18   build and upload final ISO
  2014-01-19   test final ISO
  2014-01-20   test final ISO
  2014-01-21   release

Core developers: ASAP, please volunteer for the test days, or make it
clear that you can't make it, so we can reschedule slightly if needed.
Thanks in advance!