Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.22.1

Author: bertagaz
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.22.1
On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 04:27:03PM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here's an update on the 0.22.1 release process. See the bottom part,
> that expects answers from core developers.
>
> intrigeri wrote (08 Dec 2013 17:19:51 GMT) :
> > I'm prepared to make exceptions to our usual stable merge rules for
> > some edge cases:
>
> >   * upgrading Linux to 3.12, to fix security issues in 3.10; this is
> >     blocked by #6460 (memory wipe broken with 3.11+); this is high
> >     priority IMHO. Any taker?

> I've made some "progress" (more failed attempts to fix it), and the
> ticket has more ideas to be tried. It would be really great if someone
> took it over from here.

I understand that, but can't promise much myself on it at the moment.
My plate is already quite filled, but if I find some spare time, I'll have a
look, even if I feel like it's a quite over my capacities.

> >   * enabling incremental upgrades by default, if testing is successful
> >     enough, and if fixing most important problems is possible with
> >     minor changes

> Looks like this will happen: I expect we can merge
> feature/incremental-upgrades-integration very early in January :)

Yay!

> > Core developers: ASAP, please volunteer for the test days, or make it
> > clear that you can't make it, so we can reschedule slightly
> > if needed.
>
> Ping?

I'm good and should be available for the planned test days.

> Also, the freeze is coming soon, quite a few bugfix branches are
> pending for review'n'merge, and there are more to come soon (Torbutton
> and Iceweasel prefs updates).
>
> bertagaz said he would take care of these ones today:
>
> * #6496 (Drop sqlite3, nss and nspr backports from our APT repository)
> * #6477 (getTorbuttonUserAgent differs from browser user-agent)

I'll finish these tonight, already spend my afternoon testing your
test/rjb-migration branch enhancement.

> ... but those other ones need a reviewer:
>
>   * #6478 (Keyboard shortcuts use QWERTY mapping instead of AZERTY on
>     French keyboard)
>   * #6536 (Windows camouflage script does not set the browser icon to
>     IE's one anymore)

If there is no takers, I should be available to review them before the
merge, but I have to admit I'd be glad not to do so: I feel like spending
my time reviewing those times :)

bert.