Re: [Tails-dev] Last steps toward enabling incremental upgra…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Last steps toward enabling incremental upgrades by default [
intrigeri wrote (17 Dec 2013 17:13:41 GMT) :
> I've just released Tails-IUK 0.13, that fixes all coding tasks left
> for phase three. I'm giving it a manual testing session as we speak.
> Please use this version (or later) for any further testing,
> documentation work and comments.

>From now on, please use Tails-IUK 0.14 (that has all improvements

suggested by sajolida) for testing etc. #6014 says we're almost there!

> If you want to test the incremental upgrader itself, install Tails
> 0.22~rc2, set an admin password, retrieve the latest tails-iuk package
> from our APT repo (http://deb.tails.boum.org/pool/main/t/tails-iuk/,
> or preferably by adding our feature-incremental-upgrades-integration
> suite to your APT sources), install it and run:

>    $ tails-upgrade-frontend-wrapper

Still valid (note that I've only tested by installing the .deb with
dpkg, not with APT that will suck way more memory).

Please also install the latest version of the wrapper script
(config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/bin/tails-upgrade-frontend-wrapper)
from the feature/incremental-upgrades-integration Git branch into
/usr/local/bin/.