[Tails-dev] Last steps toward enabling incremental upgrades …

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Last steps toward enabling incremental upgrades by default [Was: Please test incremental upgrades (from 0.22~rc1 to 0.22~rc2)]
Hi,

I've just released Tails-IUK 0.13, that fixes all coding tasks left
for phase three. I'm giving it a manual testing session as we speak.
Please use this version (or later) for any further testing,
documentation work and comments.

If you want to test the incremental upgrader itself, install Tails
0.22~rc2, set an admin password, retrieve the latest tails-iuk package
from our APT repo (http://deb.tails.boum.org/pool/main/t/tails-iuk/,
or preferably by adding our feature-incremental-upgrades-integration
suite to your APT sources), install it and run:

$ tails-upgrade-frontend-wrapper

Given sajolida agreed and nobody objected, I'm now targetting to ship
Tails 0.22.1 with incremental upgrades enabled by default (that's the
stuff in feature/incremental-upgrades-integration), and I've flagged
the remaining phase three tickets accordingly:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6014

Yay.

Next steps:

* bertagaz reviews feature/incremental-upgrades-integration (but does
not merge it yet) and hopefully ACK's it; ETA?

while, in parallel:

 1. sajolida writes doc (based on the
    feature/incremental-upgrades-integration branch!) and proposes
    various phrasing changes to the UI
 2. I update the code accordingly.

And then, we merge feature/incremental-upgrades-integration, I'll tag
a 0.22.1~beta1 or something, and I'll prepare a test IUK so that
anyone can try the latest stuff in realistic settings.

And hopefully the Transifex situation improves soon enough...

Sounds good, did I miss anything?