Re: [Tails-dev] Please review draft documentation for IUK

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review draft documentation for IUK
intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
>> #1. New version available
>> -------------------------
>
>> *You should manually upgrade to Tails 0.22.*
>
>> For more information, go to https://tails.boum.org/news/version_0.22/.
>
>> Note that it is not possible to do an automatic upgrade on your
>> system. Automatic upgrades are only possible on a Tails device
>> installed using Tails Installer.
>
>> Download size: 916 MB
>
>> Do you want to download the ISO image now?
>
>> [Cancel] [Download]
>
>> XXX: I get an error when clicking on "Download":
>>      (gksudo:4338): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_str_has_prefix: assertion `str
>>      != NULL' failed
>>      localuser:tails-upgrade-frontend being removed from access control
>>      list

> This was known to be broken (#6509), that's why it is not an option
> anymore since tails-iuk 0.12. So, it looks very much like you used an
> older version of tails-iuk than the one my "Last steps toward enabling
> incremental upgrades by default" email asked to use: "I've just
> released Tails-IUK 0.13, that fixes all coding tasks left for phase
> three. I'm giving it a manual testing session as we speak. Please use
> this version (or later) for any further testing, documentation work
> and comments."
>
> If I'm correct, could you please check if using the recommended
> version impacts other suggestions or documentation of yours?
>
> I'd like this point to be clarified before I dive into the rest, as
> the dialog titles, buttons and more have changed since the version you
> might have been testing.

Yes, that was already clear to me. But in the middle all those tests,
this precise one from my VM was not done using tails-iuk 0.13 obviously.
The other ones should be. I tried again the "bug" I got when trying to
upgrade in a VM with 1GB of RAM and I still get it with 0.13.

So I adapter a tiny bit the corresponding dialog. And as we might work
on them incrementally, I also added them to the blueprint, so we can
have all the advantages of Git :)

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/incremental_upgrades/#index4h2