Re: [Tails-dev] Please review draft documentation for IUK

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review draft documentation for IUK
intrigeri wrote (25 Dec 2013 18:54:12 GMT) :
>> #1. New version available
>> -------------------------

> Applied (as found on the blueprint).

So, this reads:

                    "You should manually upgrade to %{name}s %{version}s.\n\n".
                    "For more information about this new version, go to %{details_url}s.\n\n".
                    "Note that it is not possible to do an automatic upgrade ".
                    "on your system. Automatic upgrades are only possible on ".
                    "a Tails device installed using Tails Installer.\n\n".
                    "To learn how to manually upgrade, go to ".
                    "https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/upgrade/#manual",

I find this confusing for users who would be pointed to the manual
upgrade despite they have installed Tails with our installer,
e.g. because there isn't enough free space on the system partition, or
not enough free memory to apply the incremental upgrade.

What do you think?