[Tails-dev] Fix for keyboard layouts in the greeter, please …

Author: winterfairy
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Fix for keyboard layouts in the greeter, please review
My branch "bugfix/norwegian-layout" in my "winterfairy/greeter" repo fixes
bug #5741. Nynorsk and norsk bokmål (both version of norwegian) now gets
norwegian keyboard layout, sardinian now gets italian keyboard layout, and
hrvatski (croatian) now gets croatian keyboard layout. Portuguese/brazil
already worked, as mentioned in that bug ticket.

That branch is based on the master branch.

I have also a version with this branch merged into the wheezy branch, see
"bugfix/norwegian-layout-wheezy". All the issues my fix fixes were present
in wheezy too, and fixed by my patch.

But basically, the issues are that upstream (xklavier, xkb or x11) does
not support the languages, we were polling for them in the right way. My
fix only hacks around upstreams lack of support.