Re: [Tails-dev] Please test, review'n'merge feature/sdio

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please test, review'n'merge feature/sdio
Hi again,

sajolida@??? wrote (13 Oct 2013 11:57:16 GMT) :
> 3. On the X200, I tried to run Tails Installer from this same branch and
> clone onto the same SD card, boot from the X200, and I got the same
> error message.

I've used the installer from an ISO freshly built from current
feature/sdio to install Tails onto a SD card (through USB, inside
a VM).

The resulting SD card boots fine on a ThinkPad X200.
>From that running system, I've installed Tails onto a USB stick.

The resulting USB stick boots fine on a X200 and on a X60s.

>From the same USB stick as above (feature/sdio) booted on a X200, I've

installed Tails onto a SD card. The resulting SD card boots fine on
the X200.

>From the same USB stick as above (feature/sdio) booted on a X60s, I've

installed Tails onto a SD card. The resulting SD card boots fine on
the X200.

So, I'm afraid I cannot reproduce any of the failures you've
experienced. I really would like you to try blanking the beginning of
your test media first, and second to retry with syslinux from
squeeze-backports (see the other messages I sent to this thread
yesterday). Hopefully this will fix things for you, and we won't have
to resort to bisection.

Also, please make sure you build your test ISO from current
feature/sdio, that has had devel merged in it.