Re: [Tails-dev] Please test, review'n'merge feature/sdio

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please test, review'n'merge feature/sdio
On 13/10/13 21:30, intrigeri wrote:
> This discrepancy shows that the reader is filtering what brand / model
> the OS can see. I don't think we can do anything about it. Anyway,
> that's still better than what we have in 0.20.1, IMHO.

Absolutely.

>> 2. So I tried to boot that SD card on a ThinkPad X200 and it wouldn't
>> boot. The syslinux error message was:
>
>>     SYSLINUX 4.02 debian-20101014 EDD Load error - Boot error

> Hmmm. I'm now offline so I can't check, but this syslinux error
> reminds me of USB sticks that I've seen with a MBR/GPT in weird state.
> Usually, this was fixed by blanking the first few MB of this SD card,
> and re-installing. Could you please try this?
>
> Also, I suspect the MBR or GPT wasn't properly sync'd on the SD card,
> so please use GNOME Disk Utility to "safely remove" it after an
> apparently successful installation.

I tried again today and got another error, related to squashfs. The
squashfs on the SD card had a different checksum that the one on the
original USB stick. I had to copy it several times to get the right
checksum. Then it booted fine on the X200.

My conclusion is that the read on the X61 is buggy.

So I ACK that branch, everything works fine when the files are copied
correctly :)

Can you please do that merge, as I don't know all this black magic you
do with .debs and multiple repos.