Re: [Tails-dev] TAiLS Logo Idea...

Author: intrigeri
To: Kevin C. Krinke, The Tails public development discussion list, carmie
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TAiLS Logo Idea...
Hi Kevin,

Kevin C. Krinke wrote (04 Sep 2013 16:18:23 GMT) :
> Not sure about the legals but I thought I'd take a stab at an idea
> I had for a TAiLS logo.

Thanks a lot, we badly need a logo!

Some other logo ideas were discussed last month, starting at:
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2013-August/003382.html

> Obviously I'm no artist but thought I'd take a stab at it. Didn't want it too
> visually complicated so it'd work small and large but I was gonna throw the CD+USB
> Key behind the onion though it ended up looking like bad Microsoft Paint output.

I quite like the concept of a Debian swirl looking like smoke coming
out of Tor onion. In this version, perhaps the swirl would be too
small when the logo is displayed in smaller scales.

On the other hand, I'd rather see Tails have its own logo, than
something heavily based on other aggregated logos. We certainly owe
a whole lot to the Debian and Tor projects, but Tails isn't just this,
and nowadays could be worth having its own visual identity. What do
you think?

To end with, if you don't read the list, please explicitly ask we
Cc you.