Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/linux-3.8

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/linux-3.8
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (13 May 2013 18:14:35 GMT) :
> feature/linux-3.8 installs the Linux 3.8 kernel from Debian unstable,
> for improved hardware support. Merged in experimental, seems to work
> fine at first glance.

This branch now also ships an updated tails-persistence-setup, mainly
to fix a bug that prevents creating a persistent volume on some
hardware (a 16GB USB3 stick, in my case -- can't reproduce on other
sticks) with the new kernel:

    - After creating the persistent volume, wait for all udev events to be
      handled before mounting it.

That updated t-p-s also brings some more changes:

    - Format the created persistent volumes as ext4.
    - Add icons search path that work on Wheezy.
    - Make indentation consistent.
    - Update tests to match the latest preset additions.
    - Fix license name in dist.ini.
    - Bump copyright years.

... because it's a pain to handle multiple simultaneous pull requests
for the same bundled custom .deb.

Still a candidate for 0.19.