Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/linux-3.8

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/linux-3.8
Hi,

On Fri, 24 May 2013 17:55:42 +0200 intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> intrigeri wrote (13 May 2013 18:14:35 GMT) :
> > feature/linux-3.8 installs the Linux 3.8 kernel from Debian
> > unstable, for improved hardware support. Merged in experimental,
> > seems to work fine at first glance.
>
> This branch now also ships an updated tails-persistence-setup, mainly
> to fix a bug that prevents creating a persistent volume on some
> hardware (a 16GB USB3 stick, in my case -- can't reproduce on other
> sticks) with the new kernel:
>
>     - After creating the persistent volume, wait for all udev events
> to be handled before mounting it.

> That updated t-p-s also brings some more changes:
>
>     - Format the created persistent volumes as ext4.
>     - Add icons search path that work on Wheezy.
>     - Make indentation consistent.
>     - Update tests to match the latest preset additions.
>     - Fix license name in dist.ini.
>     - Bump copyright years.

> ... because it's a pain to handle multiple simultaneous pull requests
> for the same bundled custom .deb.

I reviewed t-p-s code and consider it is OK.

I reviewed the feature/linux-3.8 git diff and consider it is OK

I reviewed the feature-linux-3.8 apt repository and package changes and
consider it is OK

However, I was unable to setup persistence with t-p-s on a 16G USB 3
stick on a IBM ThinkPad X32 on a build of experimental form today.

I suspect this branch to be responsible of the issue. I would be happy
to merge this branch once this problem is solved.

Cheers.