Re: [Tails-dev] Shutdown button in camouflage mode

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Shutdown button in camouflage mode
Yo !

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:42:45 +0100 intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Alan wrote (11 Feb 2013 15:11:54 GMT) :
> >> I checked that XP camouflage mode in 0.15, there is a shutdown
> >> button in "Start" → "System" → "Administration". So the lack of
> >> this button in 0.16 was a regression.
> >>
> >> Too bad I just verified it now but I think it's worth correcting
> >> this regression for 0.17. Dear release manager, do you think that
> >> it would be possible?
> >>
> > Please have a look at bugfix/shutdown_with_camouflage
>
> Glad to see some progress on this front!
>
> Isn't this branch re-creating from scratch, and in a way that's pretty
> hard to translate, something that apparently existed in 0.15, and
> probably was better integrated? I mean, why not revert the change that
> hid this button somewhere between 0.15 and 0.16?

Well, the change was in a bigger commit
f42f51987f8ec82bd10d65a46113a158ffc70bf7 that we probably don't want to
revert as a whole. And there were no "reboot" and "lock screen" actions.

I made the same changes as with my previous commit, but the way
that was done in 0.15 in a newer version of the branch (to be rewritten
before a merge as I let old stuff to let people compare).

> If there are good reasons to do it the way this branch does, probably
> fine with me, but then, I suggest putting the .desktop data in
> separate files, and using `cp' rather than `cat' in
> `tails-activate-winxp-theme'. This way, overzealous translators may
> find them with `find' (and we could even document it, if it's not
> documented yet). See what I mean? :)

I was trying to *only* fix the bug in camouflage mode. In 0.15 there
were .desktop files for these actions that were showing up in the menus
not only in camouflage mode. But that might indeed be better.

I was also trying to make these buttons show up straignt in the
"System" menu and not in "Administration" which seems me a bit wired
place to go to shutdown my computer. But for some reason, trying to add
these shortcuts where I was understanding there should be for that
failed.

Also, I fail to see the point of a custom "shutdown helper" applet,
which seems me to try to do the same that is implemented straight in
gnome-panel as "drawer": an icon that you can on to show a menu
presenting actions as .desktop files. I don't know if it's worth it now
that this applet is written, but we might implement the shutdown thing
as a native "drawer" configured in gconf rather than with a custom
applet.

Cheers