Re: [Tails-dev] Shutdown button in camouflage mode

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Shutdown button in camouflage mode
Hi,

Alan wrote (11 Feb 2013 15:11:54 GMT) :
>> I checked that XP camouflage mode in 0.15, there is a shutdown button
>> in "Start" → "System" → "Administration". So the lack of this button
>> in 0.16 was a regression.
>>
>> Too bad I just verified it now but I think it's worth correcting this
>> regression for 0.17. Dear release manager, do you think that it would
>> be possible?
>>
> Please have a look at bugfix/shutdown_with_camouflage

Glad to see some progress on this front!

Isn't this branch re-creating from scratch, and in a way that's pretty
hard to translate, something that apparently existed in 0.15, and
probably was better integrated? I mean, why not revert the change that
hid this button somewhere between 0.15 and 0.16?

If there are good reasons to do it the way this branch does, probably
fine with me, but then, I suggest putting the .desktop data in
separate files, and using `cp' rather than `cat' in
`tails-activate-winxp-theme'. This way, overzealous translators may
find them with `find' (and we could even document it, if it's not
documented yet). See what I mean? :)

Cheers!