Re: [Tails-l10n] Call for translation updates for the upcomi…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Call for translation updates for the upcoming 0.13 release
Hi,

Matsa wrote (28 Aug 2012 20:36:41 GMT) :
> Here are a few observations:

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

> In the documentation:
> - Less important, the link "improve documentation" (in the top-right
> corner of each page) points to file:///contribute/how/translate instead
> of file:///usr/share/doc/tails/website/contribute/how/translate.html

Created todo/fix_link_to_improve_documentation, thanks!

> About Tails persitence configuration:

I'd rather not get into the habit of discussing non-l10n related bug
reports on tails-l10n, so I'll skip this part. Please report these
issues to better suited places (beware, at least one is known and
already has its todo page).

> For the 0.12 release, a few last-minute modifications in the english
> files switched entire translated pages to 'fuzzy'.

Sorry about that. It's now clear for everyone that this release had
a quite suboptimal timing, including in the l10n area.

> To avoid this, can we imagine a kind of freeze of the english files,
> to let us the time to adapt the last modifications?

We decided that in the future, feature branches will only be merged
into "devel" once their documentation is written, so:

  * this kind of last minute change is less likely to happen behind
    your feet
  * translators can translate documentation from feature merge time to
    final ISO build, which (according to our new, unpublished-yet,
    release schedule) in the worst case will be 2.5 weeks (for
    a feature merged right at freeze time)

This process was designed precisely to avoid having to freeze the
whole release process only to wait for documentation writing and
translation. Details will follow shortly, I guess.