Re: [Tails-dev] next big features: status update

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] next big features: status update
hi,

anonym, what's the point of forbidding relative source paths such as
"dotfiles" in the first column of live.persist?

E.g.:

$ cat live.persist
gnupg /home/amnesia/.gnupg

=> currently triggers a live-persist error:

Skipping unsafe custom mount with source ${source}: the source must
be an absolute path w.r.t. the persistent media root and cannot
contain "." or ".."

I find it a bit weird. I think there's no such thing as an "absolute
path wrt. the persistent media root", and this makes it harder to deal
with user input on tails-persistence-setup's side, not to mention the
burden on users themselves.

Can we easily and safely remove that requirement, and treat "gnupg"
the same way as "/gnupg"?