Re: [Tails-dev] next big features: status update

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] next big features: status update
intrigeri wrote (15 Mar 2012 18:10:48 GMT) :
> sajolida wrote (15 Mar 2012 14:23:32 GMT) :

>> 4. If I try to delete this partition (from another system), then I can't
>> boot on the USB anymore.

> https://tails.boum.org/todo/usb_install_and_upgrade/todo/#index1h2

t-p-s 0.7 will install a launcher that allows to delete the persistent
storage area.

The feature was written since the very beginning, and initially, I did
not want to support this feature for non-developers, but given the
flow of bug reports of the "If I delete the persistent partition, then
I can't boot the USB stick anymore" kind, maybe we'd better provide
and document a simple way to delete that partition without making the
stick unbootable.