[Hackmeeting] ancora tor

Autore: pinna
Oggetto: [Hackmeeting] ancora tor
Elettrico, Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 01:52:12PM +0200:
> pinna wrote:
> >
> >tecnico. tuttavia TOR pare essere uno strumento utile (anzi
> >fondamentale, se e' veramente affidabile come sembra) ad un
> >bacino d'utenza ben piu' allargato rispetto "agli smanettoni".
> >
> il mio problema ? il seguente, anzi non ? un problema, ma una riflessione:

:D mi sbagliavo: nemmeno noi leggiamo la roba in inglese. bisogna
proprio tradurla.

-> http://tor.eff.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html

Can EFF promise that I won.t get in trouble for running a Tor server?

No. All new technologies create legal uncertainties, and Tor is no
exception to the rule. Presently, no court has ever considered any
case involving the Tor technology, and we therefore cannot guarantee
that you will never face any legal liability as a result of running a
Tor server. However, EFF believes so strongly that those running Tor
servers shouldn't be liable for traffic that passes through the server
that we're running our own Tor server.

Will EFF represent me if I get in trouble for running a Tor server?

Maybe. While EFF cannot promise legal representation of all Tor server
operators, it will assist server operators in assessing the situation
and will try to locate qualified legal counsel when necessary.

If I receive a request from law enforcement or anyone else for my Tor
server.s logs, what should I do?

Educate them about Tor. In most instances, properly configured Tor
servers will have no useful data for inquiring parties [...]

ciao
pinna