[Tails-l10n] [review] Re: Bad Transifex strings vs Tails 3.…

Author: emma peel
To: tails-l10n
CC: segfault
Subject: [Tails-l10n] [review] Re: Bad Transifex strings vs Tails 3.9.1
u:
> Hi!
>
> anonym:
>> While preparing Tails 3.9.1 I refreshed our translations but saw tons of bad translations like:
>>
>>     -msgstr "{beginning} এবং {last}"
>>     +msgstr "{বিগিনিং} এবং {লাস্ট}"

>> i.e. they are translating gettext's variable names. I couldn't import anything since each updated PO file had serious issues like these.

I have been looking onto this, and there are many strings in which
translators didn't made any mistakes, because they have a nice comment
when translating. So I made a commit with comments that add information
that appears in Transifex in a prominent place while translating (by
copying the other strings)

I created a translation-fixes branch in
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/emmapeel/tails that fixes this on the first
commit:

80b097458cd037714205e56d1e4cd80d73e58f7e

Then I added more strings to the .po files by circling them in _(), but
I do not have the setup to build an ISO, so I could not test them.
This changes are in b9119040ab0c1bce3dd486017dbdf410d9399688 and
segfault offered to review them.

Lastly, I added the .po files changes. If any of the previous changes is
not accepted, it may be better to skip merging the commit:
dbfa2a1f7b5df02628bb48d95575ff7192518aef

Please review (segfault offered to do so)

> intrigeri wrote:
>
> "This problem currently affects the following languages: bn_BD, ca, de,
> el, es, es_AR, ga, he, pt_BR, tr. That is, not only it was not fixed,
> but it's getting worse."
>
> He asked 4 weeks ago that somebody fixes this on Transifex, but I
> personally did not have time to do it and I think I do not have the
> corresponding role on Transifex to be able to do it:

I went through the translations on transifex and I think they dont fail
anymore (I ran ./import_translations && ./refresh-translations &&