Re: [Tails-l10n] Bad Transifex strings vs Tails 3.9.1

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Bad Transifex strings vs Tails 3.9.1
anonym:
> While preparing Tails 3.9.1 I refreshed our translations but saw tons of bad translations like:

>     -msgstr "{beginning} এবং {last}"
>     +msgstr "{বিগিনিং} এবং {লাস্ট}"

> i.e. they are translating gettext's variable names.

See the "Buggy Python placeholder translations in many languages:
bn_BD, ca, es, es_AS, ga, he, tr" thread on this mailing list.

> I couldn't import anything since each updated PO file had serious
> issues like these.

FYI I've already done the RM steps up to, and including, updating the
changelog, which includes pulling updated translations from Transifex
and dealing with this problem. So hopefully you don't have to
duplicate this work :)