Re: [More-than-a-BSP] kind of station proposal

Author: intrigeri
To: more-than-a-bsp
Subject: Re: [More-than-a-BSP] kind of station proposal
Hi,

u:
> isydor:
>> Jonathan:
>>> I think something around gpg could be interesting, especially for people
>>> not yet involved in Debian.
>>>
>>> I am not sure it is a station in itself, and definitively not something
>>> anybody will spend a day on (except maybe the station organisers).
>>>
>>> Is there people interested in running this ? I can bring a hand but I am
>>> definitively not a gpg expert, neither in Debian nor in general (despite
>>> being a more or less regular user since a few years).

I agree with everything that isydor and Ulrike wrote on this thread
so far.

On the one hand, I think that OpenPGP per-se is not a high-priority
topic for this event (but perhaps that feeling of mine is based on my
personal experience of learning OpenPGP first, and Debian packaging
years later; this might go the other way for most wanna-be package
maintainers).

But OTOH I love the idea of encouraging skills sharing among
attendees, be it about topics that are obviously relevant to the
event, or about almost anything else: being able to learn from others,
and to share one's skills, are key in collaborating on FOSS projects
in a nice and efficient manner :) E.g. I'd love to see something
about consensus-based decision making processes, about calling in/out
oppressive behavior, and many other things.

So, how about we set up a Skills Sharing station? E.g. we could have
a whiteboard with two columns, one with proposed skills and the other
with requested skills, and then the people hosting this station try to
match requests with offers, schedule and announce sessions. What do
you think? Anyone up to hosting this?