Re: [More-than-a-BSP] kind of station proposal

Author: u
To: more-than-a-bsp
Subject: Re: [More-than-a-BSP] kind of station proposal
Hello!

isydor:
> Jonathan:

>> I think something around gpg could be interesting, especially for people
>> not yet involved in Debian.
>>
>> I am not sure it is a station in itself, and definitively not something
>> anybody will spend a day on (except maybe the station organisers).
>>
>> Is there people interested in running this ? I can bring a hand but I am
>> definitively not a gpg expert, neither in Debian nor in general (despite
>> being a more or less regular user since a few years).
>
> My experience is that gpg requires several attempts before the basic
> concepts and practices are swallowed, so any gpg station would be worthwile.
>
> But I don't know if/how it is useful/necessary to be able to use gpg to
> get involved in debian?

It is necessary to know GPG to sign packages.

To get involved as a Debian Developer, even non uploading, one needs at
least two signatures on a key made by other Debian Developers.

Besides that it does not seem necessary.

However, if you still decide to propose such a station, this exercise
has proven very helpful to make the concept understandable:
http://level-up.cc/curriculum/safer-communication/pgp-gpg-email-encryption/activity-discussion/romeo-and-juliet/

Obviously, Romeo and Juliet can be Alice and Bob or whatever ungendered
names you can think of.

Cheers!
u.