Re: [Tails-ux] Revamped greeter preview ISO available

Author: Spencer
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Revamped greeter preview ISO available
Hi,

> Spencer:
> feedback this week

Boom!

Forgive any redundancy in my comments as they overlap with your existing
plans (:

Also, I did not test persistence ):

• In the welcome text, the spacing between words could be tightened to
match the spacing of the list items.

• In the welcome text, the second sentence could use a period at the
end.

• The ‘Help’ button, on hover, could have a dotted line border _on
cover_ and _on click_, much like the ‘x’ button to close a dialog.

• The ’Help’ button location could be reduced in quantity to one and
moved to the bottom right corner, since they all currently link to the
same documentation section; doesn’t need location context in this case.
This can reduce confusion.

• The icons could be updated to the most recent ones.

• The icons could display white _on hover/selected_, as the text does.

• Horizontal dividers could be added to separate list items in each
section.

• ‘Text Language’ language setting is redundant in some cases (when the
native and selected language are the same). Displaying only the
secondary text (the selected language) could resolve this quite
effectively. Without the parenthesis, though.

• On the Text Language dropdown list,

1. the secondary language (in parenthesis) could be updated to the
selected language, e.g., 'English (English)' updates to 'English
(Inglés)' when 'Español (Spanish) is selected as the text language
option. I am unfamiliar with the level of difficulty in doing this.

2. Otherwise, if we don’t make this change, is English always going to
be the secondary language (in parenthesis)? Maybe we only display the
one primary language.

In either case:

‘English - Canada’
instead of
‘English - Canada (English - Canada)’

+ When ‘Armenian’ is selected, the location text updates to the native
glyphs, as the rest do, but is quite large. I am unsure if horizontal
spacing adjustments can resolve this.

• The Greeter language could be updated to reflect the language changes.

• The system language could be updated to reflect the language changes.

• The ‘Add Additional Setting’ list item secondary text (in parenthesis)
could be white instead of gray.

• ‘Administrative Account’ could use a dedicated dialog and dedicated
popover.

• ‘MAC Spoofing’ popover bottom padding could be increased, the text is
quite close to the bottom edge of the popover.

• ‘MAC Spoofing’ popover could open up instead of opening down.

May these comments bring value (:

Wordlife,
Spencer