Re: [Tails-ux] patch to make tails installer UI more foolpro…

Author: Spencer
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] patch to make tails installer UI more foolproof
Hi,

>> Marc Watson:
>> 1) I edited Tails Installer UI

Wonderful! It seems that the patch is an added emphasis on the fact of
loosing data, which is always a good thing (:

> u:
> not use CAPS, but just bold text.

I would edit the text a bit as well.

Feeling like 'all data is lost' is clear enough maybe we combine the two
a bit and have:

The USB Stick that you install on is formatted and all data is deleted.

Or, if there is insistence with using an explicit example. e.g.,
persistent volume, then it could read:

The USB Stick that you install on is reformatted and all data, including
persistent volumes, is deleted.

>> Please remove the input
>> focus from Install option

If accidentally selected, the destination requires further input that
could prevent accidents.

Since this is the same case for the other options, it is logical to
order them with the first in the list emphasized, if that keyboard
action is a must.

A resolution could be to not have any option emphasized upon selecting
'Enter'.

Another resolution could be to visually emphasize the default option so
it is clear beforehand which is selected upon selecting 'Enter'.

Also, from the target device dialog, it could be valuable to have some
visual way to confirm you selected the option you intended, such as text
that says so.

And I do think a 'Back' button from the target device dialog could be
valuable.

Wordlife,
Spencer